Tuesday 27 March 2012

Shadows of times past

As a past life regression therapist, I was thrilled to be able to spend a long weekend in the presence of the Master of this modality recently.  Not only was it wonderful to be gaining new knowledge and inspirations, but it reminded me of how far I have come.

My very first past life memory almost 20 years ago, came as a shock to me, as I wasn’t being regressed at the time, I was just relaxing in my hammock at home.  I had been suffering a severe back pain for quite a while, right between the shoulder blades to the extent that I often couldn’t breathe because of the pain.  Doctors, physios, chiropractors all had been unable to help.  All had been surprised when they had asked me how or who had hit me so hard between the shoulders, as there was quite an indent in the shape of my spine. My answer was always “I don’t know – I’ve never had an accident there to my knowledge.”

A counsellor had suggested I sit and relax and ask the pain/injury where it had come from.  This I thought was an interesting idea, but I didn’t really think anything would come of it so was totally unprepared for what did.

Sitting there in my hammock I managed to relax deeply and unexpectedly “recalled” myself in the hold of a large wooden ship.  Suddenly, something broke through the wall of the boat, water poured in towards me spinning me around, and I found myself pinned against the other side of the boat by a heavy beam of wood – right between the shoulder blades.  The pain in my back was excruciating and I knew I was about to drown.  There the memory left me. 

Dazed and confused I made an appointment to speak with my counsellor, worried that something strange was going on and that I may be going “mad”.   Although she had not come across this before, she was sure that it was a memory from a previous life and that perhaps I could take myself back there to see what actually had happened.

It took many weeks before I managed to do just that.  I had read somewhere that placing a piece of azurite under the pillow could stimulate past life recollection, so I decided to give it a try.  The effect was almost instant as my head hit the pillow that night.  I was immediately taken back to a life time in early England (1700’s) as a maid. (I did manage to verify the era by the clothing)  My lover was about to set sail on a ship that was tied up in the docks and I knew I would never see him again.  I found myself walking along a shelly beach where I hatched a plan.  I managed to stow myself away in the hold of the ship.  Not long after setting sail, the accident occurred and I was racked with guilt.  I believed it was considered bad luck for a woman to be aboard such ships and I thought that I was the reason that the ship had sunk losing many sailors including my lover. 

With the help of my counsellor however I was able to let go of the guilt and realise that it was not my presence that caused the tragedy, and the pain between my shoulders all but disappeared.  I do still have a slight deformity there and am still asked if I have ever had an accident, but I no longer suffer from the debilitating pain. 

There are many kinds of unexplained phobias, pains, behaviours that – if no basis can be found in the present lifetime, can be traced to past lives.  If the emotions surrounding the incident have not been recognised and dealt with, they can be carried over from lifetime to lifetime until the pattern is broken.  There are more and more past life therapists available these days to help you discover more about how your past lives are affecting you now. 
If you would like to know more about past life regression please read the information on my website at www.goldenisis.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment